Data Analyst - Consultant/Senior Consultant (f/m) Finance Advisory Services / EMEIA Financial Services in Zürich
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our Financial Services Organization is the only Big 4 firm with functional and cross-country specialization in the financial services sector. We offer our customers all over the world seamless, consistent and high quality services. Finance Advisory Services provides professional advisory services to our financial services clients across the breadth of their Finance function. We are looking for an experienced, team-oriented, motivated and committed Data Analyst (Consultant/Senior Consultant) to further strengthen our practice in Zurich.
Tasks that you promote
- Supporting and advising our financial services clients (banks, asset managers and insurers) in the area of accounting, regulatory and compliance-related data analytics topics
- Building and supporting reusable data analysis structures within a variety of technical environments; enabling self-service analytical capability for key technical stakeholders as well as producing stand-alone reports
- Gathering requirements from key stakeholders and preparing and presenting analysis results
- Working in close collaboration with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Producing project outputs (including analytical activities in Excel, SQL, Spotfire and SAS)
Your profile to succeed together
- This role requires technical (data) expertise, a business & consultancy mind-set and the ability to work within small and large project teams with minimal supervision
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics and business or similar
- Practical or theoretical knowledge/experience in Finance and knowledge of accounting principles
- Relevant understanding of Finance and/or regulation within the financial services sector is an advantage
- Data management skills (SQL, SAS or similar)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/VBA & Power Point
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to details and accuracy when working with complex numerical data
- Knowledge of data preparation and integration tools (Alteryx, Pentaho, Talend or similar) is an advantage, together with knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI) and programming languages (Iron Python, R, C# or Java)
- Proactive, flexible and team-oriented with the intellectual curiosity and the willingness to “go the extra mile”
- Interest and ability to build your relevant internal and external networks in a fast-paced and international environment investing in sustainable relationships
- English and German are a prerequisite
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Jona Fahrländer is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR00154. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered.