We are looking for an Intern (6 months, starting March/April 2018) - Transaction Advisory Services in Geneva.
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers.
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. TAS include Mergers and Acquisitions Services (M&A), Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation & Business Modeling.
In order to reinforce our Transaction Advisory Services team in Geneva, we are currently looking for an Intern.
Task that you promote
As an EY Transactions professional, you will work, in collaboration with members of the team, with the world’s largest organizations, fastest growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market. You’ll help those clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
As part of your internship, you will support our TAS team in the following sub-service lines:
Transaction Support (TS)
Our Transaction Support team works with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction support professionals provide insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
Valuation and Business Modelling (VBM)
Our Valuation and Business Modelling team brings to clients excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence. You will help guide clients through the model review, model support and model-build activities necessary to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional Organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
Mergers & Acquisitions Services (M&A)
Leveraging an extensive global network, our M&A team provides sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and we help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. As part of this team you may also advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
Operational Transaction Services (OTS)
Our Operational Transaction Services team provides clients a full range of hands-on, operationally focused support and advice across the transaction life cycle, supporting both buyers and sellers. We cover a wide range of operational aspects, including carve-out readiness and support, operational due diligence and restructuring, synergy assessment and delivery, day-one readiness assessment, and 100-day planning, supporting the integration process, integration and assessments of carve-out/stand-alone costs and risks.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate in financial buy-side and sell-side due diligence engagements related to transactions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
- Analyze financial and operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management, prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information.
- Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination.
- Carry out company and business asset valuations, participate in modelling projects.
- Perform industry and company research.
- Assist corporates and financial investors in managing a M&A process from deal sourcing through final closing.
- Assist in drafting all transaction documentation such as proposals, teaser, information memorandum, management presentation.
- Work in client engagement teams on the identification of acquisition or divestment risks and improvement potential which result from an acquisition or divestment.
Your profile to succeed together
- A master degree about to be finalized, in finance, accounting or related field (for example at EPFL or HEC).
- A strong interest for transactions, ideally demonstrated through previous work experience (internship) in the Transaction/Corporate Finance department of a bank, a Private Equity fund, a consulting firm, or a Big4.
- Perfect fluency in French and English (both oral and written), Italian or German being a plus.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
Ana Vazquez is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: GEN0009E. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered