As an Infrastructure/Application Integration Architect, you will be responsible for assuring the operability, supportability, availability and stability of services currently in production and new services being generated by projects. You will be responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with best practices and guidelines established by the Group IT Services Architecture. You will work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Application Solution Architects and Operations Team in supporting and driving infrastructure transformation programs to achieve landscape simplification through initiatives such as DevOps, Containers and Cloud. You will take the technical lead with respect to application solution integration topics and become a trusted advisor and thought leader to technical and business stakeholders.
As an Infrastructure/Application Integration Architect your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing subject matter expertise around technical infrastructure and applications.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers
- Driving and supporting PoC implementation opportunities for digital transformation topics
- Working with Group Architecture team in driving new infrastructure technology standards, guidelines and best practices adoption within BU on topics such as DevOps, Cloud, Authentication, and Security
- Providing strategic and operational architectural support for the evolution of the IT Application Landscape
- Supporting Operational Readiness Review process reviewing LTM/High Level Design and runbooks
- Driving service performance and availability improvements
- Acting as technical liaison between Operations and Development
Your Skills and Experience
As an Infrastructure/Application Integration Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data)
- 5 years of experience working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications
- Infrastructure and DevOps - Infrastructure experience such as enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Load Balancing), virtualization, migration and configuration management
- Strong understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure and ability to troubleshoot issues, identify and solve complex, systemic problems in multiple systems and teams
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus, and drive technical decisions with customer stakeholders
- Exposure to Insurance or similar Business would be an asset
English: Fluent spoken and written, working language (meetings and conferences, technical explanations, documentation)
- Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Developer Operations experience, such as: Windows Server Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, VSTS, Containers, Docker etc.
- Octopus Deploy
- Understanding of open source server software
- familiarity with technologies such as web services, XML/JSON, REST, microservices
- Understanding of network identity management systems to include SSO, SAML, LDAP, Kerberos
Primary work location is Zürich. The role may require occasional travel. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Grace Cunningham is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site .
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 54,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.