Are you ready for your next career move? Do you thrive in an environment where you collaborate with specialists and where you can bring about change? For our growing Actuarial Services team within KPMG’s Audit Financial Services department we are looking for an experienced non-life insurance actuary. In this position, you will closely collaborate with KPMG teams in Switzerland as well as worldwide, and work on both audit and advisory projects.
Start date: By arrangement
Responsibilities & Profile
- Lead projects and personnel and develop solutions to actuarial problems for insurance and reinsurance clients
- Manage client relationships and build new ones
- Work on audit of non-life insurance companies according to different national and/or international accounting standards (e.g. OR, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Advise clients on risk and capital issues including Swiss Solvency Test (SST) and Solvency II
- Undertake independent reserve reviews, pricing exercises or due diligence projects
- Assist with the development of proposals in order to win new business
- Identify business opportunities by building relationships both internally and externally
- University degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Finance, major in Actuarial Mathematics is an asset
- Studying for SAV/FIA/CAS or equivalent actuarial qualification
- 1 - 2 years of experience within the non-life insurance industry in an actuarial position
- Strong IT skills, specifically in MS Office, experience with actuarial software a plus
- Fluent German and English, French an additional asset
- Entrepreneurial mindset, independent and outgoing personality who fosters collaboration
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
The stimulating environment of KPMG is the perfect place to take your career one step further. We offer you a highly engaging culture and a growing team of exceptional professionals where you have the freedom to perform.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.
+41 58 249 79 37
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.
Register now for the info-event