Group Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is responsible for the execution of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestures on a global basis. The team manages the entire M&A process, which includes the idea generation and identification, project evaluation, due diligence and negotiating phase. We manage M&A projects in close collaboration with the business and Group functions including senior management. M&A projects have high impact on the respective country, regions or even the Group and therefore offers an exciting fast-paced working environment and a steep learning curve.
As an M&A Associate your main responsibilities will involve:
- Significantly contributing to the development of complex business cases for diverse acquisitions/divestments under the guidance of a project manager
- Conducting larger segments of analysis (valuation, capital, liquidity and earnings impact, etc.) and evaluation of business cases at the direction of project managers to support the project manager with the provision of technical information
- Independently developing and maintaining complex valuation models and maintain the financial models and manage related processes at the interface with segmental business experts (e.g. actuaries)
- Close collaboration with strategy, innovation & business development with a focus on InsureTech
- Conducting analysis (due diligence) and evaluation of business cases at the direction of project managers to support the project manager with the provision of technical information
- Preparing presentations and other project documentation for Mergers & Acquisitions transactions under the supervision and guidance of the project manager to facilitate an informed decision making process at the relevant committees
Your Skills and Experience
As an M&A Associate your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) and four to six years of work experience (incl. internships) in related field; previous FIG experience highly desirable
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and conscious of deadlines
- Strong financial modelling skills and ability to apply corporate finance knowhow with a commercial mindset
- Solid understanding of insurance products and strong interest in the insurance industry
- Strong desire to acquire relevant knowledge
- Showing enthusiasm and having positive attitude
- Confidence to speak in front of senior stakeholders
- Experience in putting together presentations and reports
- Been involved in former transaction processes (due diligence)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Proficient in English, any other language a strong advantage
Primary work location is Zürich, Switzerland. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Patrick Weymann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.
Travel:Yes, 15 % of the Time