In this temporary position as a Senior Controller within the IFRS 17 / 9 project you will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of dedicated financial accounting topics as part of the project. You will work within the Group Financial Accounting and Reporting project work stream, providing support and interacting with other departments within Group Finance to ensure project objectives are met.
As a Senior Controller - IFRS 17 / 9 Project your main responsibilities will involve:
- Accounting and reporting for dedicated areas on a group level
- Analysis and review of technical requirements of IFRS 17 & 9
- Documentation for future reference and audits
- Implementation of project deliverables within Group Chart of Accounts and Financial statements
- Providing ad-hoc analyses to support senior management
- Active contribution to continuous financial reporting process improvements
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Controller - IFRS 17 / 9 Project your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A university degree in economics and/or business administration
- 2-5 years of experience in a practical financial accounting/controlling position, preferably in the insurance industry, or alternatively in banking or external audit
- Previous working experience with IFRS is a plus
- Very precise and thorough working style
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required
Primary work location is Zurich. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Christina Wichmann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.