As an IT Business Analyst you augment a high profile team working on a strategic project for Commercial Property Pricing. You will analyse and prioritize business requirements, translate them into solution requirements and ensure their implementation throughout the project life cycle:
- Provides explanations and expertise regarding as-is/to-be models as part of the requirements elicitation process i.e.; process, data, work flow, application etc. to appropriate stakeholders
- Adapts and applies different delivery methodologies determining the best methodology for the specific project
- Plans, conducts/facilitates elicitation sessions for business requirements, manages the product backlog and ensures the deliverable’s are met
- Understands customers’ objectives, processes and products in order to make appropriate recommendations for customer-specific needs
- Collaborates with project manager to build business case, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope and development of a high level plan
- Produces requirement specifications and outlines solution design documents throughout the project life cycle, incorporating change requests and finalization of requirements documentation
- Analyses and manages requirement risk, traceability matrix and prioritizes requirements
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables
- Participates in development of test plan, testing, implementation and training activities
- Participates in post implementation activities including problem solving and measurement of benefits achieved. In case expected benefits are not achieved, participates in the analysis to determine root cause
- Communicates effectively through different mediums at all levels
- Mentor lower level peers
Your Skills and Experience
As an IT Business Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience as business analyst in complex, global enterprise projects
- Commercial Underwriting / pricing / actuarial / cat modelling knowledge and experience, ideally for Property Line of Business
- Knowledge of additional commercial insurance products and services is advantage
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the area of IT / business information studies or equivalent
- Proven experience in capturing complex business requirements, analyse them and translate them into easily understandable functional requirements (5 to 10 years)
- Good understanding of commercial insurance business is required to understand the business processes and requirements of the business stakeholders
- Experience in agile project methodologies - Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certification is an advantage
- Experience in incident & problem management
- Must possess in-depth, strong problem solving analytical skills
- Understanding of application and database design / architecture and/or development background is an advantage
- Able to work under pressure in a multi-vendor and multi-cultural team
- Experience in application testing and organizing user acceptance testing.
- Very good English skills are a must, written and spoken.
- German as 2nd language is an advantage
Primary work location is Zurich. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Patrick Weymann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.