The job holder carries out 2nd line reviews of insurance risk and provides business insight to key stakeholders. Has responsibility for delivery of actuarial services and deep dives within Insurance Risk and for supporting both risk governance and challenge and review of insurance risk in the regions and countries.
As an Insurance Risk Actuary your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support of partnering to the insurance technical and actuarial functions, providing risk challenge and review
- Deliver independent top-down technical analyses, including deep dives on specific insurance topics
- Support insurance risk participation in first line decision processes, providing independent input and challenge as part of decision making
- Actively contribute to provision of professional actuarial support and advice to the regional or global chief risk officers and to senior management and group functions including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business
- Support the overall management of insurance risk, including risk assessment and reporting
- Mentor and develop other actuarial and risk professionals, providing input to or leading global training and people development initiatives
Your Skills and Experience
As an Insurance Risk Actuary your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics / Statistics, Other Sciences
- Fully qualified actuary in a locally recognized actuarial body
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, capital management, etc.) and preferably multiple Business Units.
- Over 5 years of experience in the insurance industry, either P&C or Life
- Experience of working with different national and business cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with high level of Actuarial authority
- Strong focus on execution and delivery
- Strategic ability combined with sound operational skills
- Ability to support change, displaying both persistence and resilience
- Problem-solving, decision-making and judgment skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Fluent English, both oral and written
Primary work location is Zurich, Switzerland. If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Patrick Weymann is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.