System Engineer Telecommunication (80-100%)
We are looking for a young professional in the fields of telecommunication products and systems to join our engineering and service team active worldwide for ABB Power Systems.
After a multifaceted training, you will design telecommunication solutions to meet the highest industry standards with regard to the availability and reliability of operational and administrative communication systems. A technically challenging position in a multicultural environment awaits you.
- In cooperation with our customers or representatives, you will be responsible for the design and engineering of our telecommunication systems tailored to the requirements of the global energy sector during project execution
- In the bidding phase you will support our sales and bid team with a professional design of communication networks based on customer specifications
- You integrate the customer’s telecommunications structure in an optimal overall system
- Moreover, you oversee the projects in all phases
- Occasionally, you travel to project meetings or to presentations at our customers worldwide
- Sound knowledge of modern IP based telecommunication technologies
- Good command of German and English, both verbal and written, French or Spanish would be an advantage
- Successful degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, ideally with specialized knowledge in Telecommunication networks with modern voice and data communication technologies (PLC / SDH / PDH / MPLS / DWDM / VoIP / MW)
- Flexibility and great communication skills as well as interests in working within an international and multicultural environment
- In the end, you will surely convince us with great responsibility, innovative solutions and a strong customer orientation
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.