Graduate Talent Program 2020, Data Analytics Group Internal Audit
Switzerland - Zürich
Graduate GTP/Full-Time Analyst
Are you passionate about the potential of big data to change the way the world works? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of an exciting and rapidly evolving field? We are looking for an exceptional graduate to join our Group Internal Audit (GIA) Data Analytics team to:
- build relationships with auditors to understand their needs for data and dashboards
- translate these needs into queries and extract the necessary data from diverse sources
- use state-of-the-art data management techniques to prepare the data and to build and maintain dashboards to meet the needs of the audit team
You will be working in the Data Analytics team in Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Zurich, joining a department of 130 professionals with a wealth of experience and international backgrounds. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As a Data Analyst you will be a member of the global Data Analytics team, which works collaboratively with all GIA teams and management in different aspects of design and delivery of innovative and efficient solutions. In that role, you will gain insight into a wide variety of GIA’s processes and will be able to influence their effectiveness.
You have a university degree (technical, mathematical, economics / quantitative finance or business administration), and excellent grades. In particular, you have:
- strong analytical and conceptual skills and an ability to quickly understand complex business processes as well as focus on details
- drive, initiative and the ability to thrive in a global, multi-cultural environment and work well under pressure
- excellent command of written and spoken English and German; additional languages are a plus
- strong analytics and reporting skills including tools such as Oracle SQL, Alteryx, Tableau or equivalents
- experience of an internship or vocational training in the financial services industry
- open, flexible and self-confident, with an attitude geared towards high performance
- a very quick learner on a variety of disciplines, able to multi-task and handle multiple requests - knowing when to escalate and communicate deadlines effectively
- a good communicator, who is able to interact with different levels of management and provide clear, concise and compelling messages both verbally and in writing
- keen on a career path leading to a business analysis role or data scientist - combining business knowledge with technical ability for data analysis
But we’d like to also see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan and organize with an eye for details
- communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Graduate Talent Program 2020, Data Analytics Group Internal Audit||UBS Job Board for Graduates|