Graduate Finance Data Analyst
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Did you ever want to use sophisticated data tools & methods to solve challenges in finance? Then this role in the Performance & Data Integration team is the right place! As Finance Data Analyst, your data analytics insights will help explain the sources of past performance and influence the strategic direction of the business. Equally important is to then translate the identified performance drivers into a story that can be communicated with senior management and partners.
We contribute to Swiss Re’s out-performance by analysing our financial situation and evaluating future scenarios. Analytical tasks are performed on a state-of-the-art data platform.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Support performance management by providing clarity and helping the business grow in the most attractive areas
- Turn insights into commercial advice with a compelling storyline
- Improve our data backbone and build financial models using Python, PySpark and open-source as well as proprietary tools
- Drive a performance culture and be a challenger; cross-functional collaboration with colleagues across FP&A, Group Finance and Group Underwriting on capital steering, planning and financial valuations will allow you to explore different areas and define your own focus
About the team
Our team is small, dynamic and very passionate about applying ground-breaking technologies to problems in finance & insurance. Collaboration, transparency, and speed over perfection are values we attach high importance to. We work across team boundaries and seek to digitally advance the Financial Planning & Analysis department. The topics we work on range from capital steering, financial planning to impact assessments & scenario simulations.
We are eagerly awaiting your application!
- Successfully completed university degree, preferably in finance, economics, natural sciences or equivalent
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Willingness to learn Python and data engineering/data science, programming experience is a plus
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit; enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status