Graduate Digital Insurance - Natural Catastrophes Urgent hiring
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Swiss Re is world-class in its depth and breadth of expertise. As a Graduate Digital Insurance - Natural Catastrophes you will contribute to providing solutions to insurers around the world in the areas of Property & Specialty lines of business. Bridging business, IT and technology you will support further growth of one of three strategic pillars in Swiss Re reinsurance.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Actively listen to our reinsurance clients to develop and deliver solution propositions that fully match with their needs and monetize our competitive advantage
- Apply your academic excellence in your area of expertise to further differentiate ourselves from our competition
- Contribute to develop our solutions portfolio further and be a strong ambassador for our tech offering
- Co-create and rapid-prototype of new solutions with clients
- Work with our internal partners in client management and underwriting to develop effective sales strategies for their markets and clients
- Produce compelling marketing material (Power Point, videos, animations etc.) to be used when pitching internally and externally
- Build, foster and maintain strong connections with internal and external partners in academia, insurtech and high-tech start-ups
About the team
Do you want to help build the future of insurance in a high-paced area of creative solutions professionals? If so, be part of our diverse team which consists of 15 solutioneers who develop, sell and deliver property and specialty solutions for reinsurance clients globally. Our clients’ needs guide us to deliver the best of Swiss Re on topics such as natural catastrophes, climate change or digitisation of insurance. Celebrating success and learning from mistakes is a strong ingredient of our culture! We like people and are committing to a strong collaboration within Swiss Re.
- Successfully completed university degree in a technical discipline, preferably in natural sciences, engineering, remote sensing or equivalent
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Approaches problems with curiosity and flexibility, is a fast learner
- Interest in design thinking, digitalisation and innovation, as well as showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to actively nurture the overall team spirit
- Ability and passion to work in a global and multicultural environment, and to be mobile in terms of workplace or location if required
- Aptitude to express yourself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Commercially minded and motivated to apply technical excellence to grow our business
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous, in particular French, Japanese, Mandarin
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with programming languages (R, Python, MATLAB) a plus
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.