Graduate Sustainability Neu
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
Swiss Re has a long-standing dedication to sustainable business, active corporate citizenship, as well as good, transparent governance. We have established a leading position in the re/insurance industry and pioneered many risk-related initiatives and solutions.
As a Sustainability Graduate, your role will be:
- You will monitor external sustainability developments and trends and conduct research on sustainability-related topics
- You will contribute to managing sustainability ratings and questionnaires
- You will work on sustainability-related presentations, briefings, reporting and communication
- You will help support the overall team to implement the Group Sustainability Strategy
In addition, you will support other projects such as setting targets and metrics to drive our sustainability performance, assessing sustainability impacts of our business, or contributing to sustainability projects with our internal business partners, among others.
About the team
In our team, we enable sustainable and profitable growth for Swiss Re by driving the Group Sustainability Strategy. We seek for sustainability leadership within our industry, and we quantify and measure our progress. We partner with Business Units and Group Functions to embed sustainability in all aspects of our business and to embrace commercial opportunities with a long-term perspective. We engage with sustainability partners - including clients, investors and regulators - to identify, assess and steer sustainability topics and to position Swiss Re. We coordinate and substantiate communication and reporting of sustainability internally and externally.
- Successfully completed university degree preferably in Environmental Science or in sustainability-related field or equivalent
- Work experience in corporate sustainability or sustainability consulting would be an advantage
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is a requirement, further languages a plus
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Analytical and problem-solving personality
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Hands-on, proactive, creative and able to work independently
- Aptitude to express yourself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Well organised and aware of the big picture whilst also keeping the details in mind
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit; enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We hire solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.