Graduate Reinsurance Marketing Urgent hiring
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
Are you passionate about clients, an engaged self-starter and eager to challenge the status quo? If so, this graduate position needs you! As a new team member you will collaborate with the Central Marketing and Strategy teams for our Reinsurance business. This position, located in the Reinsurance Centre, offers an outstanding opportunity to help Swiss Re on its journey towards turning itself into a more client centric and sustainable organization. Your home base will be the Reinsurance Marketing team, but additionally you will be involved in activities ran out of the Reinsurance Strategy team, such as our global Sustainability initiative. This position is global in scope, allowing you to connect with partners in all regions, all lines of business and across all functions (underwriting, origination, business management, research, communications etc.) with many opportunities to interact with senior leaders. There is no better place to get a bird eye’s view of what Swiss Re is all about and to build your network while working on progressive topics.
Your key accountabilities may include:
- Support the management of the annual marketing planning cycle. This entails analysis of client engagement and client surveys data to feed into the situation assessment.
- Support the Marketing Director in foster the broader Marketing community including Offsites and meetings preparations, MS Teams, Yammer and other internal communications platforms management.
- Project management support for our sales transformation (training programme revamp and CRM implementation) and commercial culture initiatives.
- Marketing and project management support to execute on our global Sustainability Strategy.
- Analytical support for client, competitor and market intelligence activities.
- Creation and maintenance of dashboards to support monitoring of our sales and marketing critical metrics.
- Contribute to or lead ad-hoc projects in the Marketing and Strategy areas.
About the team
Our dynamic, multicultural and diverse team supporting the Reinsurance Management Team in making decisions and running the business. It comprises amongst others, the CEO office, Strategy, Business Development, Marketing, and Governance. The Marketing team, the home base for this position, is composed of 5 individuals, located in Zurich and New York, who have a broad mandate encompassing client insights generation, strategic positioning, sale and marketing practices, and origination tools and templates.
- Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Marketing or equivalent
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast and passionate learner
- Innovative, a high degree of own initiative and perseverance
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
- Mature & self-confident; able to work and communicate with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications including basic knowledge of Yammer, MS Teams, OneNote and Power BI.
- Good story telling and visualization skills in Powerpoint a plus
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status