Graduate Cyber Risk
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organization. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Are you interested in applying your expertise to push the boundaries of cyber risk insurability? Are you ready to collaborate with different units such as Risk Management, Underwriting, Client Management and Product Centers, as well as external partners such as clients, academics and model providers? If yes, this might be the job to foster your career.
In this role your main responsibilities will include:
- Analyze the Cyber costing tools and coordinate the tools’ advancements with the divisional Cyber underwriters and actuaries.
- Support the development of sound methodologies for the calculation of capital costs for both affirmative and silent cyber exposures.
- Collaborate to the project “cyber data repository” to build a modern and flexible cyber database fed with internal and external data.
- Adapt the cyber capacity calculation methods linked to underwriting activities and coordinate their use in our proprietary internal risk model.
- Engage in the use of vendor’s Cyber modeling tools and conduct calibration analysis with our own costing approaches and tools.
- Build-up insights on Swiss Re Cyber portfolio(s) and suggest appropriate steering measures.
- Contribute to the Cyber CoC project agenda.
About the team
Our diverse team is part of the Swiss Re Institute (SRI). Our mission is to create competitive advantage in risk knowledge and capital allocation. We conduct Research & Development (R&D) to ensure that our capabilities remain cutting edge, maintain our underwriting excellence and incubate new businesses. We develop forward-looking views and craft roadmaps to grow our business in a sustainable way. You will join the Cyber Center of Competence within SRI, a cross-functional team of five employees, whose purpose is to shape opportunities and handle downside risks in the field of Cyber re/insurance and modelling.
- Successfully completed a master’s degree or PhD in actuarial science, mathematics, IT security or equivalent
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance. Knowledge of Property, Casualty or Cyber re/insurance is a plus.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, grasps complex issues quickly and explain them in a simple way.
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative.
- Enjoy team work and contribute actively to the overall team spirit!
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment.
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture!
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous, in particular German and/or French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and in at least another modern programming language.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.