Graduate Casualty Single Risk Underwriter Urgent hiring
Location: Zurich, Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business divisions.
About the role
Your job will include originating, evaluating and underwriting facultative business within your assigned portfolios. You will be able to assess a wide range of risk types with your experience and by utilizing state-of-the-art models. Furthermore, another aspect of your role will be to foster client and broker relationships and develop new opportunities with prospective clients. Collaboration with client managers, market underwriters and treaty underwriters in a cross-functional team is a part of the role. Together we build on our partnerships with our clients and share our knowledge, with the objective to bring value for the client and Swiss Re. This role offers you lots of space to develop ideas and contribute to creative solutions.
About the team
We are a diverse team in Division EMEA located in Munich, Zurich, Paris, Bratislava and Johannesburg with a very high level of entrepreneurial spirit, energy and expertise, that we seek to complement and strengthen together with your support. At the same time, we gather more experiences, develop ourselves and have fun!
- Successfully completed university degree or equivalent
- Strong interest to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Entrepreneurial mind-set focused on delivering results
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team result - and spirit
- Strong collaboration with cross functional working groups or projects
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Interest for technical matters
- Expertise to work independently and proactively
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills advantageous, in particular German, French, Spanish or Italian
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status