Career Start – Risk Management – Junior Quantitative Risk Modeler #149420
Schweiz-Switzerland - Region Zurich-Zürich
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let’s shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join the Collateral Portfolio Analytics Team as part of the Quantitative Analysis and Technology (QAT) department in Zurich with a particular focus on the assessments of collateral concentrations. The team works across departments and in close collaboration with the Credit Suisse Data Science Lab and is developing and implementing collateral concentration methodologies on a state of the art big data platform. There will be the opportunity to acquire both financial and technical skills through a combination of on-the-job learning, business focused projects, and in-house training. Junior members of the team will gain exposure to different areas of the group through working closely with experienced team members in Zurich.
Length: 18 months including 4-6 month rotation
Start date: Dec - 2020 or by arrangement
Academic qualification: Recently completed Bachelor’s or master’s degree at a university or university of applied sciences. Ideally in Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or similar fields.
Training: Interdisciplinary and specific trainings as part of the Career Start program as an opportunity for personal and professional development
Rotation: Opportunity to spend 4-6 months working in a functionally related area as a chance to build networks in different areas of the bank
Opportunities for further development: Permanent employment with the prospect of a challenging position in the Credit Analytics department after completing the Career Start program
- The opportunity to work in a multifaceted and innovative team within the risk methodology department as a Quantitative Risk Modeler and to support a strategic business growth area of Credit Suisse through innovative risk modelling approaches.
- Development of quantitative models and tools for risk management on a single security and portfolio level
- Risk modelling of various financial securities such as equities, bonds, funds, hedge funds and structured products
- Leveraging the strategic data science platform of the bank to collect, transform and prepare data and join the data science product development team to generate a robust analytics platform for risk management purposes
- Providing quantitative analysis on model performance based on business needs (model performance in specific historic market conditions, for specific products, in hypothetical scenarios, etc).
- Testing processes and assisting with production releases.
- Researching, designing, and implementing efficiency improvements to our analytics platform.
- Collaboration with business partners globally and cross-functionally including credit risk management, trading and front organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as a pragmatic and solution-oriented working style.
- Strong technical skills and ability to implement risk models and algorithms as part of an international team.
- Passion for quantitative models and concepts and willingness and ability to learn new things.
- Solid programming experience in at least one programming language, e.g. C#, R, Python
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
Fluency in English as well as good communication and presentation skills.
- Ideally, you would already havefirst practical work experience, preferably in a quantitative function of a financial institution with a solid understanding of financial products and their risk factors and experience with quantitative risk measure
- Are you driven and inspired to improve yourself daily, do you have well-developed conceptual abilities and do you possess the ability to work effectively with team members and are willing to take on responsibility and work independently?
Mr. M. Payer is looking forward to your application.
Please apply via our Career Portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.