Internship 2020, IT System Engineer
Switzerland - Northern Switzerland
Business management, administration and support
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you passionate about z/OS Software Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for the z/OS operating system? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
- evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
- guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
- analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
- cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
- maintain & improve existing deployment and build mechanisms
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the z/OS Systems Engineering team, which has a global footprint and works with other support organizations, Operations staff and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You’ll be working in the z/OS Software Services team based in Basel, Switzerland. As an IT System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the z/OS operating system across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. You will be joining a well-established team who will provide invaluable guidance to help you grow your knowledge and career. Teamwork is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- excellent knowledge of z/OS operating systems architecture, design and implementation
- sound knowledge of SMP/E, software deployment processes, TSO/ISPF, Rexx, z/OS and it’s subsystems
- skills in zLinux and Assembler programming (would be welcome but not necessarily a must-have)
- preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
Additionally you are:
- a committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
- well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
- a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
- curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
- fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: December 2020
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2020, IT System Engineer||UBS Job Board for Graduates|