Associate Director External Affairs GPH Geneva Neu
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Empowering families and communities to live healthy, productive lives and create healthier futures inspires Johnson & Johnson’s long-standing commitment to make life-changing and sustainable differences in global public health. We focus on improving maternal, newborn and child health, addressing global health challenges such as multi-drug resistant TB, HIV, vaccines, worm-based infections, Ebola and polio, and training healthcare workers to improve lives worldwide. We bring science and technology expertise, research and development capabilities, and our global resources to develop treatments and cures, deliver lifesaving prevention and care, and design smart policies that help pave the way for large-scale, long-term solutions. Together, with governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing groups, industry partners and non-profit foundations, we partner on innovative approaches to make a difference for people everywhere to build the foundations of lasting health.
Associate Director External Affairs GPH (f/m/d)
Pioneering a new business model, Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health (GPH) is the first fully-dedicated organization within a healthcare company that combines R&D, access programs, in-country operations, and consumer insight capabilities to ensure that innovative treatments and technologies of public health importance are available, affordable and accessible to the world’s most underserved populations.
With 100+ dedicated staff, GPH is active in Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, mental health, Ebola and several other areas of public health concern.
The organization works across many regions and countries leveraging J&J’s global footprint and collaborating across sectors in public-private partnerships towards the vision of “Innovation for all, everywhere at the same time”.
Johnson & Johnson GPH brings a unique mix of product innovation, thought leadership and capabilities to the field of global health. Proactive relationship management with leading global health institutions, especially multilateral organizations and agencies, strategic engagement in key development forums, and innovative public-private partnerships are critical for success.
The Associate Director External Affairs GPH coordinates global health stakeholder engagement under the guidance of the Senior Director External Affairs and as a key member of the External and Scientific Affairs Team. They support the design and execution of cross-cutting engagement strategies with high-priority global health and multilateral institutions in Geneva, such as the World Health Organization, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, Gavi The Vaccine Alliance, and others, to advance the GPH external affairs agenda. The Associate Director External Affairs serves as recognized focal point in Geneva for GPH external affairs.
- Facilitate GPH engagement with prioritized global health stakeholders in Geneva by leading outreach, coordinating meetings, developing briefing notes with input from relevant internal stakeholders, drafting meeting reports, and coordinating follow-up. From an external perspective, this role serves as the on-the-ground interface in Geneva between GPH External Affairs and the Geneva-based multilateral organizations.
- Support GPH representation in governance mechanisms of leading multilaterals, e.g. the Global Fund and Gavi.
- Conceptualize and organize GPH events in Geneva, e.g. in connection with the World Health Assembly, in support of the overarching J&J GPH external affairs agenda and to increase visibility of J&J GPH in Geneva.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director External Affairs, coordinate the development of coherent stakeholder engagement strategies, in close collaboration with the Access Strategy and Impact Teams (TB, HIV, Mental Health and Vaccines) and other internal stakeholders to ensure cross-GPH agenda alignment.
- Track stakeholder engagement activity using existing stakeholder management tools, and ensure profiles remain updated.
Coordinate internal alignment and input for key external publications by multilateral organizations such as strategy documents, governance papers, Global Fund, Stop TB, Gavi Board constituency papers, etc.
Monitor and advise External Affairs and Policy leadership on key developments (e.g. strategy, policy, advocacy, political) in multilateral forums in Geneva.
- Ensure the Access Strategy and Impact (AS&I) Teams remain updated on disease/product-relevant developments in multilaterals, and ensure that disease/product-related perspectives from the AS&I teams are incorporated in external affairs multilateral engagement strategies (e.g. Global Fund, Gavi, UNITAID).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years work experience; preferred in advocacy, public policy, external affairs or related fields
Required knowledge / skills
- Demonstrated success at developing collaborative and effective relationships in complex, highly matrixed organization
- Exceptional project management skills
- Good understanding of the global health architecture and related policy agendas and experience working with the leading global health (multilateral) organizations
- Excellent networking and diplomatic skills
- Excellent verbal, representational and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skill
- Global Fund, Gavi, WHO, UNITAID, WEF, and others
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Cilag GmbH International (8525)