Internship 2021, Group Communications in Zurich
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support, Marketing and Communications
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Do you have a passion for finance and economics? Are you confident delivering clear and consistent messaging in English and German? We’re looking for someone like that to:
- Prepare briefings for senior management in preparation for interviews, conferences and speeches
- Support communication management in keeping an overview of communication activities
- Establish media plans and coordinate quarterly earnings process
- Support our content and issue management and coordinate messaging with communication partners around the globe
- Develop ideas for proactive media outreach
- Support our social media activities with content from our activities
- Coordinate communication matters with other internal departments
Communications & Branding is responsible for protecting the brand and reputation of the firm. We manage proactive and reactive communications and are responsible for positioning of all kinds of issues that affect our business, including financial reporting, regulatory and legal matters. We work closely with UBS senior leaders on various external communication activities, including speeches and briefings for high-profile industry events.
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in the Group Communications team (part of Communications & Branding) in Zurich. We’re a small and diverse team of senior communications experts who love what we do and who take pride in producing high quality, high impact communications. We advise the Group functions on a wide range of tactical and strategic communications with the aim of making external stakeholders informed, engaged and proud to work for UBS (We work closely with communications colleagues and other functions across the entire firm).
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- educational background in economics, accounting, communications or journalism
- excellent German and English written and oral skills
- strong interest in economics, finance, banking, regulation and media
- keep up to date on political and economic news through national and / or international newspapers
- experience in MS Office
- ability to deal with sensitive information is a must
- you are a team player, stress resistant, able to work collaboratively and on a wide range of tasks
- you are well organized with an autonomous and structured way of working
- you are open, flexible and challenging, able to work in a global environment
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: June 2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Group Communications in Zurich||UBS Job Board for Graduates|