Graduate Programme – Flex-track: Markets
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group. We focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients from around the world, taking into account what truly matters to them - in their business and personal life, today and for future generations. Join Julius Baer and make a difference.
Are you a recent graduate and looking for a great career start? Join our 18-months Graduate Programme as of October 2021 and let’s shape together the future of wealth management and beyond.
Take the chance to kick-off your career with the flexible Graduate Programme, which allows you full flexibility in the choice of your rotation stations, shaping your career according to your interests. During the programme you will have the unique opportunity to spend one rotation assignment abroad.
Start your educational journey in the Business Division “Finance & Markets”. You will be actively involved in the daily business of our Securities Distribution Team in Zurich. A main pillar of our Securities Distribution Team in Zurich is the Institutional Fixed Income Team that serves banks, asset managers and other market players around the world. The team works closely together with the Bank’s flow trading unit and is responsible for distributing Fixed Income products across the credit spectrum. Furthermore, the programme includes training sessions focusing on technical and social competencies. The next two rotation assignments are not predefined and can be chosen by yourself.
- Writing a daily Morning Markets Summary as well as Closing Comments to keep internal and external clients informed of current market activity
- Daily interaction with internal and external clients via Bloomberg Chat to provide market color
- Daily use of Bloomberg Anywhere terminal to obtain information on bonds, rates, credit indices and other financial instruments
- Usage of trading systems such as Bloomberg TOMS and MarketAxess with a focus on sales and market making components
- Creating, enhancing and implementing existing and new marketing materials using Word and PowerPoint
- Creating a variety of reports and analyses using Excel function including macros with a focus on Bloomberg XLS API
- Master’s degree from a University or University of Applied Sciences with above-average grades in Economics, Banking, Finance (graduation max. 12 months ago)
- Initial practical experience in the financial industry and expertise in banking products and financial markets
- Strong analytical, conceptual skills and fast thinker
- Very good communication and presentation skills, confident appearance
- Independent, resilient and team-oriented personality
- Entrepreneurial mindset, coupled with the willingness to take responsibility
- Fluent in German & English, other languages an advantage
- Eligible for employment authorisation in Switzerland