Internship 2021, Investment Banking - FRC (FX, Rates and Credit)
Switzerland - Zürich
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you interested working on the trading floor of an investment bank? Are you a motivated self-starter who is ready to go the extra mile?
We are looking for someone like you to join one of our teams within the FRC division (FX, Rates and Credit). Various desks are looking for junior talent to join for an internship throughout the course of the year.
Independent from what team you join you will be able to experience the excitement and fascination of working on a trading floor in a rapidly changing environment. You will not only get a thorough understanding of how the markets work, you will also be exposed to a range of challenging tasks which will broaden your professional skills and offer you early recognition for achievement.
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in one of our dynamic FX, Rates and Credit teams.
Depending on the team you will join, you could:
- Learn how the sales force operates and work with the team to engage and bring on new clients
- Help the trading desk identify trading opportunities and build risk and pricing models to support the market making obligations of the desk.
- Ensure appropriate supervisory framework set-up
- Assist in FRC product initiatives, including the definition of overall strategy and requirements, participate in product design working groups and engage in project delivery efforts;
- Price exotic derivatives through UBS systems and carry out qualitative as well as quantitative analysis on market factors vs. client requirements
- Support the execution of securities lending transactions to cover the firm’s fixed income short positions.
- Support Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Support Investment Bank wide initiatives helping us find ways to improve the firm
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- At least 4 semesters completed at a University or a University of Applied Sciences
- Excellent English (written and oral)
- Ability to work accurately and efficient under pressure
Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Visual Basic programming
But we’d like to also see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: July 2021
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Investment Banking - FRC (FX, Rates and Credit)||UBS Job Board for Graduates|