Internship 2021, Communications Specialist
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you creative and highly organized? Are you a great writer and can you turn complicated topics into interesting stories? We’re looking for someone like that to:
- develop content for news articles, intranet pages, newsletters, videos, blog posts and other communication materials for employees across the firm, including editing and writing (in English and German)
- identify story ideas and key messages on a wide range of topics
- handle a small portfolio of projects such as webpage redesigns, communication campaigns, the development of guidelines and the review of intranet-related statistics
- support the organization and logistics of e.g. townhalls, campaigns, etc.
- collaborate across the Group Internal Communications team and other partners in the firm
- provide guidance to our stakeholders about UBS’s corporate design and tone of voice guidelines
We have two open internship positions in our team and are looking for strong team players to support our internal communications. We are responsible for communicating to employees globally for people-related topics. Our role covers a broad range of activities, from high level planning through to the creation and delivery of content and communications materials in a variety of formats in up to four languages.
Our 6-12 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in the Group Internal Communications team (Communications & Branding) in Zurich. We are a diverse team of communications experts who love what we do and who take pride in producing high quality, high impact communications. We advise various teams across the bank on a wide range of tactical and strategic communications with the aim that employees are informed and engaged and proud to work for UBS.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you are:
- working towards or have recently completed your Bachelor’s degree in e.g. journalism, communications or public relations, or working towards your Master’s degree
- a fluent English or German speaker with advanced knowledge in the other language
- an expert writer with an eye for detail (spotting typos is your second nature)
- a self-starter, innovative person
- experienced in social media
- excellent at organizing and coordinating events
- a team player who’s able to work independently
- happy to work to tight and changing deadlines
- proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
It would be great if you have:
- an interest in financial services
- graphic design and video editing skills
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: As soon as possible
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Communications Specialist||UBS Job Board for Graduates|