Internship 2021, Terminology and Translation (80-100%) Neu
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you great with words? Are you passionate about digitization? Are you eager to work closely with stakeholders all around the world? Then you are the person we are looking for.
Our internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from colleagues with a lot of experience in delivering language services in the finance industry. From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about Terminology, Software Localization and specialized legal and financial translation from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be part of IT where you’ll be working in a dynamic expert team in charge of software localization and multilingual client documents. We are based in Zurich, Hong Kong and Singapore. We are all passionate about language and work very closely together to make our clients’ user experience a real pleasure. Together with your future team you’ll be responsible for quality and consistency of texts for both clients and employees. You’ll be collaborating closely with people from the business side of UBS, business analysts, project coordinators, legal representatives and many more. Last but not least, on your own initiative, you will have lots of opportunities for training and education.
Are you looking for flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home? No problem. We all work full-time or part-time, supporting each other whenever needed and have the possibility to find a suitable work-life-balance.
We’re looking for someone to support us in
- building and maintaining a termbase in close collaboration with the team as well as subject-matter experts
- translating texts for user interfaces and client documents using translation memories but also making the most of online resources and existing translations
- reviewing and correcting texts with regards to consistency, user-friendliness, clarity, correctness and style as well as adherence to UBS standards and terminology
- making sure that tone of voice is correct
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months, preferably in multilingual or technical communication (e.g., at FTI or ZHAW) or in a related field.
In particular, you have:
- expert knowledge of English as well as at least one of the following languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese combined with “word-smithing” skills and the joy to shape texts
- a strong interest in multilingual terminology and terminology database management
- ideally, experience with SDL MultiTerm, SDL Trados Studio or SDL Passolo,
- a flexible, open-minded, responsible, curious and cooperative personality and are not afraid of asking questions
- an analytical and critical mind
- the ability to quickly grasp new fields of knowledge and to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
- a structured, autonomous, diligent and detail-oriented work style
- the ability to work independently and to liaise directly with your internal stakeholders
Start date: As soon as possible
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2021, Terminology and Translation (80-100%)||UBS Job Board for Graduates|