Graduate Digital Product Manager
Location: Zurich, CH
iptiQ is a risk tech start-up within Swiss Re Group. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
iptiQ provides digital, bespoke and transparent L&H and P&C protection products in a B2B2C manner. Founded in 2014, we’re transforming the way consumers buy insurance with a unique digital insurance engine which incorporates the latest technology with world-class underwriting capabilities. We build strong partnerships to sell insurance via trusted brands.
iptiQ offers a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2022.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
This role is an important position within iptiQ’s EMEA IT team and a unique opportunity to build and enhance our new Digital Platform! The team and technology play a key role in helping to foster a culture of technology excellence, automation, digitisation and better exploitation of data to further enable and accelerate iptiQ’s growth ambitions. We are looking for a passionate Graduate Digital Product Manager to join our agile product management team in supporting us in driving further development of our core digital technology.
You are going to:
- Contribute in the product team to define the product vision and help in setting the objectives and key results
- Support in building a strategic product roadmap that fits in with the overall strategy of the digital platform
- Engage with users and partners to collect feedback
- Collaborate closely with the agile domain teams to deliver quality features and products within the expected timeline
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with data owners to translate business requirements into solutions Maintain the documentation of iptiQ’s standard together with the business owners and map it to the platform capabilities and features
About the Team
iptiQ opens up attractive new risk pools through insurtech operating entities (OEs) within the primary insurance. As wholly owned businesses of Swiss Re, our shared mission is to help close the protection gap in the market and provide digital insurance solutions, primary insurance knowledge, new tools, and insights that will help reach new markets and offer new products.
Being part of iptiQ, the EMEA Life & Health Platform Team collaborates with the iptiQ OEs to support them in achieving their commercial goals by delivering innovative and effective digital capability for their distribution partners.
Successfully completed university degree, preferably in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, business administration) or equivalent
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance as well as digital technologies
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment, and to be mobile in terms of workplace or location if required
- Aptitude to express yourself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups
- Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment and work independently, proactively and innovative
- Strong analytical abilities, can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Very good communication and interpersonal skillsVery good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with agile methodologies (e.g.Scrum, SAFe) and tools is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and transparency at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity - diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences - at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.