Graduate Financial Analyst
Location: Zurich, CH
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2022.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the role
Are you striving to acquire knowledge across many aspects of Accounting and Finance? Are you keen on analysing and assessing various accounting topics related to the Group’s numerous external disclosures? Are you ready to contribute to the communication with investors, analysts and readers of the financial statements? If yes, this position is the right opportunity for you! In this role, you will support the US GAAP External Reporting team, part of Swiss Re’s Group Reporting Department, where tasks are rotated on a regular basis.
In addition, you will:
- Engage and collaborate with the department’s internal business partners, such as the Business Units, Asset Management, Treasury and Investor Relations
- Contribute to provide our management with relevant information for business steering
- Analyse and evaluate the business drivers and the connections to the financials
- Work in close cooperation and interaction within our diverse team
- Coordinate the resolution of reporting issues with the Group’s entities worldwide
- Respond to ad hoc requests from our senior management including the CEO, CFO, Chief Accounting Officer and Head of Investor Relations
About the team
We are the Group’s reliable provider of consolidated financial information, supporting both internal and external stakeholders in making well-informed decisions. We act as the centre of competence for financial reporting across Swiss Re. We are a professional, engaged and dedicated team of 20 people, based right next to the lake of Zurich, consisting of a group of international, forward-thinking personalities with various backgrounds, all thriving in a hectic, fast-paced environment that requires focus, interest in the business, and, most importantly, team spirit.
- Successfully completed a university degree, preferably in a quantitative field like finance, accounting or equivalent
- You have interest in international reporting (US GAAP and IFRS) and accounting matters with a flair for numbers
- Strong interest in/passion to learn about insurance/reinsurance
- Approaches problems with curiosity and flexibility, is a fast learner
- Creative, showing a high degree of own initiative
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
- Mature & self-confident; Able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
- Capable to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- You have very good communication (in English) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Swiss Re is committed to equality and making the best use of the talents and diversity of all our employees. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. We are committed to fair and equal treatment, free from discrimination and harassment of any kind. We provide equal opportunity for all individuals regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital or civil partnership status, maternity, paternity and adoption leave as well as any other class protected by law.