Career Start - Global Markets #158340
Your program’s highlights
Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main assignment in your business area and rotate to another department for 4-6 months so you can experience different positions, gain insight into a broad spectrum of roles, build new skills and develop crucial networks across the bank. The program offers a combination of practical experience, shadowing days, structured on- and off-the-job training, stimulating challenges and evaluation activities. You benefit from the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to an exciting junior position after your Career Start Program.
Start date: November or up on agreement
Duration: 18 months
Academic requirements: Recently completed bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
- The successful candidate based out of Zurich will join the IB GTS Cross Asset Sales COO team.
- You will review and analyze departmental processes, controls and platforms for effectiveness and efficiency, identify areas of operational vulnerability and lead the development of remediation
- Preparing trade, product and client MIS reports (financial presentations) in close cooperation with the Sales teams will offer you the chance to establish a strong network within and outside the bank
- Review and maintenance of Sales Supervisory Control Framework/ Mandates: run and document the control reviews, support supervisors to perform controls (e.g. regular business deep dives and tyre kicks)
- Set-up and review of Sales Manuals in order to ensure compliance with the content for each asset class
- Running of the quarterly Risk Self-control Assessment
- Work with the corresponding departments on the implementation of the applicable regulatory requirements
- Perform reviews such as market data reviews (user costs analysis, monthly changes), GARS, etc.
- Additionally you support ad-hoc inquires as requested by the Sales business heads and COO
Your future colleagues
We are an open-minded motivated team and support each other. In addition to individual goals, we strongly pursue team success. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualifications and skills
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this key position within the Investment Bank department. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. You have:
- You hold a University degree or equivalent higher education in economics, banking and/or finance
- Furthermore you possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience within Investment Banking or Private Banking
- You describe yourself as a Self-starter with ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and deliver under tight timelines, with a confirmed persistence
- A solution oriented mind with effective communication skills, which enables you to discuss and present topics with senior level managers
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills make you capable of assimilating information quickly
- Deep understanding of financial market and economic fundamentals
- You are a committed team member with strong work ethics
- Excellent Microsoft skills (Excel, Power point, Word)
- You are fluent in German and English, written and verbally
Ms Tilde Thorell would be delighted to receive your application (including cover letter).
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.