Trainee 6 months (all genders) – Forensic Technology, eDiscovery, Data Analytics - Zurich
Business line: Financial Advisory
Experience level: Internship
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 06-Oct-2021
Req #: 7147
Help our clients successfully manage global challenges
Deloitte is a leading global accounting and consulting company, with approximately 312’000 people in 150 countries and territories. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2’000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
Deloitte Forensic is one of the largest forensic advisory practices in Switzerland. We assist clients across a broad spectrum of industries by providing specialist advice relating to fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and regulatory investigations. Our work frequently involves highly sensitive engagements, which gain regulatory scrutiny and media attention.
Our team is looking for people passionate about seeking and developing a career within eDiscovery and Technology-Driven Investigations. Knowledge Discovery from unstructured and structured data is our core expertise.
How you can make an impact
- You will work closely with the Analytical Forensic Technology (AFT) Team to develop tools to standardize and automate processes to support large scale investigations involving very high volumes of structured and unstructured data
- You will identify potential for further process improvement and propose technical solutions to streamline workflows
- You will work on identifying use-cases for leveraging the latest technology (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing) with the aim of advancing the use of technology in Forensic Investigations and Knowledge Discovery
- You will work on the documentation of the developed solutions and share your knowledge with the wider group through presentations and workshops
Who we are looking for:
- You have completed at least four semesters in a Science, Technology or Engineering Degree and have strong analytical and communication skills
- You are highly proficient in writing efficient and readable python code. Additionally you have experience working with SQL or a very strong interest to learn it on the job. Knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, and data visualization tools such as PowerBI, is a plus
- You are interested in topics such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision. Practical experience in any of the above mentioned is a strong benefit
- You are technically minded, curious with a keen eye for detail, you feel challenged and motivated by developing technology based solutions to solve challenging problems
- You communicate confidently and are comfortable writing documentation in English. Such ability in German or any other language is an advantage
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team of 40+ Forensic practitioners. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 7147