Internship - Junior Asset Backed Financing Trader #158357 Neu
Your program’s highlights
Our Internship Program is open to students who want to gain practical experience in one of the various career fields at the heart of the financial services industry. Over the course of this in-depth, comprehensive program you make valuable contributions to the bank’s work, develop skills, expand your knowledge and grow in confidence. You participate in exclusive events, shadowing days, real-world business challenges and demanding tasks to extend your experience and create valuable networks in the bank and the wider sector. By the end of the program you gain a rich, varied insight into our work at Credit Suisse and the industry in general.
Start date: December 2021 or upon agreement
Duration: 6 months
Academic requirements: Completed at least four semesters of a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
- A challenging role as a Junior Asset Backed Financing Trader within the Trading team of GTS with the possibility to convert the internship into a Career Start Program.
- An opportunity to become an expert in matters relating to the financing of financial assets.
- A possibility to gain an in-depth insight into: fundamental analysis of equity collateral, understanding of market microstructures, using of equity derivatives for the purpose of financing and cutting edge practices surrounding asset-backed lending.
- An opportunity to join a dynamic and visionary team, whose team spirit and specific expertise guarantee an exciting working environment and growth opportunities
- You will carry out a variety of activities in the areas of financial analysis, accounting, equity market trading, risk management, pricing, hedging and execution.
- You will undertake analysis of new transactions including reviewing company fundamentals, liquidity analysis, risk analysis and presentation of the risk parameters to senior Traders.
- You will take an active role in the following daily tasks: monitoring of the risk presented by existing positions, attribution of profit and loss for the book, reviewing hedges of the book, developing/improving IT infrastructures and analysis tools to ensure that Credit Suisse continues to be at the leading edge of modern finance.
- You will interact with Relationship Managers, Structurers, other Traders, Legal & Compliance, Credit Risk, Market Risk Managers and senior members from GTS.
Your future colleagues
You will be actively involved in the Trading function of GTS and work with the Trading team, which is mandated to provide loans against financial assets (listed shares, fixed income instruments, hedge funds, private equity and other assets) for private banking clients of both Credit Suisse’s International Wealth Management (IWM) and Swiss Universal Bank (SUB) divisions. The Trading team is the first line of defense in determining to whom and against which assets Credit Suisse should provide financing to clients, as well as guiding correct price parameters. The Trading team is also responsible for the risk management for existing positions and entering into market hedging transactions. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualification and skills
Are you the perfect fit for this role in GTS? Now is your chance to show us how your skills, experience and attributes are just what we’re looking for. Show us how you have:
- An above-average bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university with focus on Finance, Economics or Mathematics.
- Enthusiasm for the understanding of complex financial products.
- Strong quantitative skills and ideally an understanding of Accounting practices.
- A keen awareness of quality and well-developed conceptual skills.
- Flexibility, a proactive approach, a sense of responsibility and perseverance.
- Excellent command of English and very good command of another European language.
Ms Diana Fryzowicz would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.