Research Associate in Neuroimmunology (M/F/D) Neu
Research Associate in Neuroimmunology (M/F/D)
- Investigate, develop and implement new biochemical assays from cells, preclinical models, and human tissue to advance priority pipeline programs
- Develop functional assays in iPSC-derived/primary microglial, neuronal and astrocyte systems to study neuron-glia cell interactions.
- Design, execute, analyze and interpret complex in-vitro and in vivo studies in the area of neuroimmunology.
- Leverage a combination of biochemical approaches, combined with high-content/resolution microscopy to characterize cellular models of astrocyte and microglia biology.
- Working effectively with internal and external collaborators to advance ongoing exploratory and portfolio projects.
- Establish SOPs, adapt new protocols from literature and maintain electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Present data to the team.
- Master’s degree in neuro-immunology, cell/molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Prior experience in neuroscience drug discovery R&D is an advantage.
- Certification for performing in vivo animal experiments required. Expertise in in vivo animal dosing (i.p., i.v., p.o.), perfusion, tissue collection and preparation for biochemical and immunoassays is an advantage.
- Expertise working with primary rodent glial and neuron cultures, as well as iPSC derived model systems, as applied to target discovery, validation, and cellular proof-of-action studies.
- Broad hands-on experience with various gene expression, immunoassay, and molecular profiling approaches applied to cells and brain tissues (human and rodents)
- Knowledge of various genetic delivery (plasmid and viral) and disruption (Crispr and RNAi) techniques is an advantage
- Skillset in developing robust and reproducible imaging-based cell functional assays
- Ability to independently design, execute, and analyze experiments
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer-based data management and record-keeping skills; a background in basic biostatistical data analysis is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to report your results to the team; good command of the English language is a must (speaking and writing)
- You must like an independent working style and troubleshooting in a multi-departmental and international pharma research environment with the motivation to build your Matrix-leadership skills
Wer wir sind
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Funktion Research & Development
- Subfunktion Research
- Arbeitszeit Full time
- Funktionsebene Entry Level
- Art der Anstellung Regular
- Firma/ Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2021/10/25
- Job-ID 202110-130006
Kontaktieren Sie uns