Internal Auditor/ Audit Manager (with finance/accounting expertise) Urgent hiring
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
_As an Internal Audit Manager you will l_ead and execute internal audit assignments in finance and operations of the Lonza Group, identify risks and weaknesses and provide recommendations in order to ensure the effectiveness of internal control systems, compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets against loss, theft and/or misuse, correctness of financial and operational reporting and effective and efficient use of resources within the Lonza Group.
- Plan and execute internal audits in all operational areas (sourcing and procurement, inventory management, marketing & sales, production, human resources), but with priority on auditing finance / controlling departments and shared service organizations
- Assume full responsibility for assignments, including the coordination, supervision and guidance of 1-2 team members assigned to individual engagements (only for role of Audit Manager)
- Cooperate with internal experts to optimize audit preparations and execution with data analytics and SAP configuration reviews; support corresponding activities related to ongoing improvements of audit programs and processes
- Develop into or act as a finance & accounting expert in the Internal Audit team; be the key contact for inquiries and discussions with the finance organization and global process owners, especially regarding best practices as well as standardization and harmonization of processes and controls
- Follow-up on audit recommendations’ implementation and support reporting to top management on open and overdue issues
- Lead initiatives and/or contribute to other internal activities and projects constantly optimizing the Internal Audit function
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in finance / accounting
- Substantial experience in internal / external audit experience; CPA and/ or with proven experience as an accountant
- Very good know-how of SAP FICO module and R2R processes (reports, downloads as well as application / execution of transactions related to finance & accounting)
- Mandatory experience and solid know-how of SAP standard business processes like S2P and OTC
- Solid proficiency with analyzing data (PowerBI experience/training/certificates a plus)
- At least basic knowledge of IT fundamentals; competence to execute audits of operational and finance activities which are run with special applications
- Very experienced in executing assignments in compliance with international standards; CIA preferred (otherwise completion after hire mandatory); trained as IIA quality assessor a plus
- Good analytical skills, risk focused, target and deadline oriented, result driven and solution developer, motivated self-starter
- Very good communicator with leadership skills and potential to develop career further within the Lonza Group after 3-4 years in internal auditing
- Excellent English proficiency (oral and in writing)
- Willingness to travel occasionally globally approx. 20-30%
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.