Product Graphics Designer (m/f/x)
Position: Product Graphics Designer (m/f/x)
We are seeking a passionate Product Graphics Designer to join our growing team of designers in Baby Care! You would be responsible for both hands-on graphic design as well as leading projects with external design firms, with a primary focus on product graphics for the exterior of our diaper products.
You will need expertise in the relevant design software to create new design strategies or bring established design concepts to finished executions. You will need a strong understanding of the creative design process and how to bring your ideas to life. You should have the ability to develop designs in a 2D context that can translate appropriately to a 3D surface pattern design on product. You should also understand the print production and the creative adaptation processes.
- Under the direction of the Brand Expression leader, you will create design concepts for the exterior of our diaper products. You will develop pattern and character designs, as well as handmaking and prototyping.
- Ensure brand guidelines and directives are embraced consistently and creatively.
- Understand relevant trends, consumer segments, and the competitive landscape to inspire design.
- Communicate and justify conceptual and directional choices.
- Collaborate across your Design team and multi-functional teams to bring the design strategy to life.
- Be accountable for excellent execution.
- BS/BA in Textile, Surface, Fashion or Graphic design is required.
- Experience in leading design and execution with focus on fashion/textile design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design mastery: creative excellence, storytelling, problem solving and technical understanding.
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and visual, with the ability to justify your conceptional and directional design choices.
- Proficient English required - written and oral.
- Strong collaboration and interdependence skills both within design and multi-functional partners.
- Outstanding listening skills with a view to understanding and anticipating the needs.
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to lead multiple initiatives and handle complexity with confidence. Proven field, outstanding time management skills, ability to set priorities and be accountable from concept to final design execution with excellence.
- Flexibility in an environment of constant change.
- Expertise in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in fashion/textile/pattern design and having an understanding of printing processes (flexographic, gravure etc) is critical.
- A fashion mindset and ability to focus externally on trends and the competitive landscape of the business.
- A keen eye and attention to detail that is critical to win in our categories.
Petit Lancy, Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Job Type: Full time
Req No: R000056571