Internship - Investment Banking & Capital Markets Switzerland - DCM #209269
Your program’s highlights
Our Internship Program is open to students who want to gain practical experience in one of the most important areas at the heart of the financial services industry. Over the course of this in-depth, comprehensive program you make valuable contributions to the team’s work, develop skills, expand your knowledge and grow in confidence. You participate in exclusive events, shadowing days, real-world market challenges and demanding tasks to expand your experience and create valuable networks in the bank and the wider sector. By the end of the program you gain a rich, varied insight into our work at Credit Suisse and the industry in general.
Start date: November 1st or as per agreement
Duration: 6 months
Academic requirements: Completed at least four semesters of a bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a master’s degree from a university or university of applied sciences
Your field of responsibility
- You will gain practical experience in the Swiss Investment Banking’s Debt Capital Markets team, which advises Swiss and international Corporations, Financial Institutions and Public Sector entities on their debt corporate finance needs. In addition, you will:
- As fully integrated team member, actively contribute to projects ranging from pitching and execution of senior bond issues to ABS transactions and structuring of financial institutions capital trades
- Assist in preparing client presentations, sales points memoranda, market information and undertake analysis using Bloomberg Terminals
- Co-operate closely with colleagues from other offices e.g. in London, New York, Hong Kong and Sydney
- Be given responsibility from day one, allowing for a steep learning curve and to interact with various stakeholders
Your future colleagues
We are an integral part of the market leading DCM franchise in the Swiss franc market and part of the larger IBCM Switzerland team. You will work with a team of experienced and highly driven individuals covering bond issuers both locally and worldwide and across sectors. During the internship, you will gain exposure to the broader bond value chain, including regular interaction with syndicate, sales, trading, documentation & legal and many other teams in Switzerland and globally. We offer a work environment which is based on meritocracy, value Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your qualifications and skills
Show us what you can contribute in this key role within the DCM team of Investment Banking Switzerland. Demonstrate how your skills, experience and attributes match the required responsibilities and opportunities of this position. You have:
- Completed at least four semesters of a bachelor’s degree or are currently enrolled on a master’s program
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task responsibilities including working for multiple people
- A dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude
- A high sense of responsibility and independent working practice, showing initiative and high level of reliability
- Possess the ability to learn new concepts quickly and have highly developed interpersonal skills
- Fluent English and a solid working knowledge of German. Other language skills are a plus
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Ms. Tilde Thorell would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Your new employer
Your growth is our priority. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to start a successful career, attractive benefits, excellent training and managers to support your development.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for passionate people to make an impact for our clients and communities.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.