Intern R&D (80-100%)
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200,000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide. In Switzerland ABB Turbo Systems Ltd. is located in Baden and Klingnau and employs about 840 people.
For a 5-7 months long internship, starting ideally in April 2020 we are looking for an emerging talent who supports us in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of special tests. If you want to contribute in the optimization and development of test and evaluation techniques, it is your turn to accept the challenge - join us. Let’s write the future. Together.
- Collaboration in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of special tests in the environment Noise and Vibration (blades, compressors and parts) of exhaust gas turbochargers and their components
- Assisting in the optimization and development of test and evaluation techniques according to the particular tasks
- Master student of Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline
- Knowledge in the field of turbo machinery
- Interest in structural dynamics and enjoyment of experimental as well as theoretical work
- Great communication skills, an independent work style as well as an analytical approach to problem solving
- Fluency in English and German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB Schweiz AG
Telefon: +41 79 101 37 57