Intern (6 months) - Transaction Advisory Services, Geneva
We are looking for an Intern (6 months) in Transaction Advisory Services, Geneva
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers.
Our Transaction Advisory Services team (https://www.ey.com/ch/en/services/transactions) works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. TAS include Transaction Diligence (TD), Valuation, Modeling & Economics (VME), Lead Advisory Services (M&A), Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services and Transaction Tax.
In order to reinforce our growing Transaction Advisory Services team in Geneva, we are currently looking for an Intern for 6 months. As part of your internship, you will support our TAS team across all sub-service lines, with a particular focus on Valuation, Modeling & Economics and Transaction Diligence.
Our established Valuation, Modeling & Economics and Transaction Diligence teams support clients in complex, transaction-related corporate finance issues. You can count on a steep learning curve, extensive transaction experience and an exciting working environment.
Throughout your internship, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- Carry out company and business asset valuations, participate in modelling projects.
- Perform industry and company research.
- Participate in financial buy-side and sell-side due diligence engagements related to transactions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
- Analyze financial and operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management, prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information.
- Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination.
- Assist corporates and financial investors in managing an M&A process from deal sourcing through final closing.
- Assist in drafting all transaction documentation such as proposals, teaser, information memorandum, management presentation.
- Work in client engagement teams on the identification of acquisition or divestment risks and improvement potential which result from an acquisition or divestment.
Your profile to succeed together:
- A master degree about to be finalized, in finance, accounting or related field (for example at EPFL or HEC).
- A strong interest for transactions, ideally demonstrated through previous work experience (internship) in the Transaction/Corporate Finance department of a bank, a Private Equity fund, a consulting firm, or a Big4.
- Perfect fluency in French and English (both oral and written), Italian or German being a plus.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity.
More opportunities for your development
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms.
We are looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: GEN000BN. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered