Are you passionate about technology and data? Do you want to help implement the strategy for the Data Platform Service at an international firm? Are you motivated to work in a complex, global environment where ideas are valued and effort is appreciated? We are looking for an IT System Administrator / Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and help us to:
- administer crucial infrastructure for Informatica, Data Science, and Big Data platforms
- ensure “lights-on” support-services are up and running in all environments
- improve daily operations and software deployments through automation
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems (Engineering, UNIX, Cloud, etc.)
- implement SW Upgrades, Migrations, and Patches
- enforce Security Standards and Roles
- create new projects, or help existing partners transition to the cloud
- provide occasional on-call or weekend support for critical activities during non-production hours
You will be working in the Data Platform Service - Site Reliability Engineering team based in Zurich, Switzerland to engineer and operate systems that provide meaningful data solutions for key business partners. In collaboration with our Global Platform Engineering and Application Teams, you will become an integral part of a new Center of Excellence for Data Technologies. Together, we will drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations by providing timely, robust, cost-effective solutions to our clients.
Teamwork is pivotal to our success. We offer flexibility in the workplace, and equal opportunities for all team members.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of IT work experience
- familiarity with Data Platforms such as Alteryx, Cloudera, Dataiku, or Informatica
- experience working on UNIX platforms, Shell and/or Python scripting is a plus
- practice using Cloud technologies
- an understanding of various RDBMS’s, including PostgreSQL/Oracle/AzureSQL
- the confidence to work with senior stakeholders, and can explain technology to non-technical audiences
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Support Analyst||UBS Job Board for Graduates|