Internship in Software Systems (f/m/d)
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Are you looking for an internship in the digitalization of the power systems? At Hitachi Energy Research, we have open positions in the areas of software systems, IoT, edge computing, scalability, programming languages, security, testing, trustworthy systems, embedded and real-time systems. You will join ongoing research projects at our Hitachi Energy Research Center in Baden-Dättwil. Apply now and become a member of our international team of innovative scientists. The duration of the internship is six months, with the possibility of further extensions.
- Design and implement proof of concept software solutions as part of the research project with efficiency and scalability requirements in mind.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate the performance of the proposed solution
- Review academic literature
- Effectively engage in an interdisciplinary agile team
- Present findings, contribute to technical reports and/or submit papers in peer-reviewed conferences
- Enrolled in a MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science or similar
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages C/C++, Java, C#, Python
- Interest or willingness to learn modern software technologies - virtualization, data-driven methods
- Self-driven and curious, good organizational skills, work well in a team
- Flexibility, ability to prioritize and work efficiently
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com