Career Entry: Quantitative Consultant / Senior Consultant (all genders), Financial Risk Management Neu
Business line: Risk Advisory
Experience level: Graduate
Working time percentage: 80% - 100%
Date published: 21-Sep-2021
Req #: 484
Help our clients successfully manage global challenges
Launch your career as a Quantitative Consultant in our Financial Risk Management / Risk Advisory team, you will help our clients develop better quantitative models and automated solutions, fine-tune their strategies, and transform their culture and processes along model lifecycle. Our team consists of close to 20 quants from many different countries and is considered to be the leader within our European network in terms of experience and capabilities. We all have a strong academic background including physics, mathematics, engineering, and economics and are a closely knit team working together across seniority levels. What sets us apart is that we share knowledge throughout the whole team, whereby juniors are inspired to an innovative and creative thinking while benefiting from the significant industry experience of the more senior members of the team.
How you can make an impact
- Get the opportunity to be involved in activities with client contact and be responsible for cross-divisional projects in various industries from the first day
- Design and implement new models and innovative solutions in risk and other domains
- Together with your team research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of risk management functions
- Be part of an international and interdisciplinary team with plenty of learning opportunities
- Work on a wide range of quantitative topics
- Grow your knowledge of products and services offered by banks
- Get to know senior clients within Risk, Treasury and Front Office and broaden your professional network.
Who we are looking for
- You have a strong interest in applying technology and solving business problems.
- You can contribute with a good knowledge of at least one programming language or framework for data science, e.g. Python (including NumPy, Pandas, SciPy), R, Apache Spark or Scala
- You can demonstrate your ability in mining data with query languages, conducting statistical analysis, and coding using open source packages
- It would be a big plus if you are experienced with professional software development in a general-purpose programming language (Java, C/C++, Python), have experience in cloud computing (e.g. MS Azure, AWS, GCP), or analytics of unstructured data or data visualization tools
- You are business fluent in English. German or any further languages would be a big advantage
Become part of a diverse, multinational and highly motivated team of 20 at our Zurich office. We will help you grow both personally and professionally: through our trainings, mentoring programmes and on-the-job learning, but also by connecting with your colleagues across all business lines.
Life at Deloitte
As one of the leading global consulting and auditing companies, Deloitte is passionately committed to shaping the future. In Switzerland, we provide industry-specific services in the areas of Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax & Legal. With more than 2,000 employees at six locations in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano and Zurich, we serve companies and organisations of all legal forms and sizes in all industry sectors.
At Deloitte, you can make an impact that matters for our people, our clients and society. We offer an inclusive environment where you can grow your own way and build upon the purpose that drives you. You will benefit from flexible working conditions, wellbeing and parental programmes and form lifelong connections in an international and dynamic environment. Want to know more about life at Deloitte? Go to http://www.deloitte.com/ch/careers.
What impact will you make?
How to apply
We look forward to hearing from you! Please click on “apply now” to submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, references and degree certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Sander at email@example.com
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability, in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this position.
Deloitte AG and Deloitte Consulting AG are Swiss subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, the DTTL member firm in the United Kingdom.
Requisition code: 484