Start your career in a thrilling field where the audit focus is on some of the biggest multinational companies in the world and top KPMG Global accounts, become a recognized audit expert and expand your professional network. We will support you with time, expertise and financially as you become a Swiss Certified Accountant.
Start date: Spring or Fall 2018
Responsibilities & Profile
As an Assistant in the US Accounting & Reporting Group (USARG), you will be involved in various projects including:
- Audits of consolidated and annual financial statements under international accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP)
- Integrated audits of multinational companies or Swiss subsidiaries of foreign based companies including reporting to group auditors
- Support the team in business transactions, such as mergers or capital market transactions (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements)
- Financial statement conversions
- You will become a Swiss Certified Accountant and develop your own personal capabilities in direct contact with clients
- Additionally to the training to Swiss CPA license, you profit from additional internal and external trainings covering various accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration (university/university of applied science) ideally with a Major in Accounting & Finance
- Knowledge in accounting and high interest in accounting issues; first internships in auditing or controlling are a plus
- Willing to receive additional education in order to acquire Swiss CPA license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Able to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated team player, curious, proactive and with a positive attitude
- Very good analytical skills
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
A position in the USARG team will allow you to work in a multicultural environment in the heart of Western Europe. You will communicate with your clients and the international team in English. Furthermore, you will be able to gain valuable experience in technical accounting and auditing areas in a dynamic international setting. If you are eager to broaden your experience and improve your skill set and resume, we can offer you opportunities to realize your full potential.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.
+41 58 249 59 80
To apply for this vacancy, please provide your cover letter, CV and all relevant certificates. We look forward to receiving your application.