Are you an active student in a Swiss based University/HES?
Are you up for a 6 months challenge starting in July 2018? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work on innovative projects that will significantly enhance your experience in a corporate environment? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for:
The student we are looking for should have the following skills/experience:
- Currently studying for his/her Master in Supply Chain, Management, Engineering or related area
- Knowledgeable or experienced in project management
- Experience with MS Office (strong excel) and SAP (asset)
- Interested in supply chain and logistics
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a problem solving mindset
- Fluent in English
If you are also good at team work, you enjoy learning while operating in a changing environment, you are excellent in delivering results in a timely manner and have an effective an impactful communication style, you are the one we want for our internship within our Logistics team at Philip Morris International Management SA based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
The EU Logistics department is part of EU Supply Chain region function. The department encompasses two categories, Transportation & Warehousing. The Internship will primarily take place within the Transportation area with strong exposure to all elements and stakeholders of the Supply Chain. The Intern will report to the Supervisor Transportation EU and will be working closely with transportation team. The internship work will be organized on project base.
- Develop the tool for transportation cost control.
- Objective: develop and implement the workable solution to control the transportation cost with higher accuracy.
- Expected outcome: 100% visibility of transportation spend, 0 transportation cost deviations without explanations, opportunities to eliminate inefficiency in the process if any.
- Main milestones: study and find how the current process works, action plan developed & realized on time, new approach standardized.
- Timing: 3 months
- Analysis of transportation cost elements.
- Objective: define & implement the opportunities for transportation cost optimization.
- Expected outcome: cost elements drill-down analysis, proposals for optimization and action plan for implementation.
- Main milestones: study and find out as-is process, identify opportunities and risks, introduce the action plan & realized it on time, standardize the new approach.
- Timing: 3 months
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.