Internship in Material Analysis
“Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuySynthesCompanies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our Plant in Oberdorf BL, we are looking for a highly committed student for an
Internship in Material Analysis - 6 Months
- Identify, analyze and document manufacturing substances / operating materials from different plants using Optical Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS) to enhance skills and performance of the group
- Support tasks related to material investigations in metallographic laboratory, microscopy and mechanical testing
- During your internship you will receive a deep insight into the medical device industry as well as the material analysis group which support production, product development and complaint handling
- You are an advanced student of Natural Sciences, preferably Material Science or Engineering and have a desire for medical technology
- You bring good ideas and motivation, communication skill and ability to influence and putting these ideas into action
- You are interested in the interdepartmental work in a regulated environment
- You are goal-oriented and independent. You have self-initiative and team spirit
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
Synthes GmbH (7111)