Internship 2019, Quantitative Risk Methodology
Switzerland, Switzerland - Zürich
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
- Responsible for the daily handling of the Tactical Risk Desk (Credit Risk WM Lombard), which includes:
- Producing various stress-risk-reports (month-end and in-between)
- Adhoc risk-calculations on request from our internal stakeholders
- Verification of single-client portfolio risk calculations
- Driving implementation of new tactical risk-calculation engines under supervision of our senior credit risk modelers
- Take responsibility of sub-projects for new model development (or model-improvement/verifications) led by our senior credit risk analysts
- Communication across the international risk organization for related projects/deliveries/activities and investigations
Our 3-6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be working in the Credit Risk Methodology - WM Lombard team in Zurich. We are responsible to measure the Credit Risk for our WM Lombard clients, i.e. new model innovations, to review our existing models for performance and appropriateness to ensure sound management and monitoring of our WM Credit (Lombard) Book.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- good communication skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- a strong interest in financial markets (knowledge of risk modeling a plus)
- a flexible, open-minded and cooperative personality (you’re a people person)
- experience with high-level programming language and statistical modeling software know-how (like R, SAS, Matlab, Stata)
- fluency in English
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: 01. July 2019
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.