Consultant / Senior Consultant - Actuarial Services / EMEIA Financial Services in Zurich Urgent hiring
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly lead our clients into the future.
As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services Sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent and high-quality services around the globe.
Our Advisory business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
What you can expect - enriching experiences that will last a lifetime
As one of the leading actuarial consultancies in Switzerland we work with most of the largest financial services companies in the industry. We offer innovative actuarial solutions to current problems along with more traditional services to our clients allowing them to address complex, multidimensional financial challenges.
- A unique opportunity to explore a wide range of solutions to our clients’ issues. This will enable you to develop a wide breadth of skills and competencies, with many of these being focused around the key actuarial processes and techniques. The nature of consultancy promises a fast paced and engaging career. You will also have the opportunity to work in developing new ideas on current industry issues.
- Working on client assignments from day one with a supportive and highly competent team. By working with diverse organizations, you will use analysis and modelling techniques to achieve a thorough understanding of business and technical issues enabling you to provide constructive advice and support to our clients
- Assignments in either Non-Life (P&C/GI) or Life (Re)insurance. You will participate in traditional actuarial activities like reserving, financial reporting (e.g. IFRS 17) or audit as well as broader topics like mergers and acquisitions, big data / analytics, risk and capital management
- The chance to assist senior management at our clients and to build your international profile by working in global reach projects with multicultural teams both in Switzerland and abroad
- Be responsible for your own deliverables as well as coaching and managing junior staff
What you can contribute - skills for shaping the future
- Experience in either life or non-life (re)insurance
- Strong academic record from a leading university, ideally with a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or related
- Fluent in English and German/French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ready to demonstrate the potential to become a future business leader
- Team player with a flexible working style and who enjoys working with multi-national teams
- You have fresh ideas, an innovative mind and have a strong desire to structure and solve problems
- You are prepared to challenge us, to act on your own initiative and to make an impact on our teams and clients from day one
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated advisory professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
Find out more here about the many benefits to which you are entitled as employee at EY.
Become part of our high-performing teams!
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref. No: ZUR001DQ. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).