Internship 2020, Translator/Language Specialist (80% - 100%)
Switzerland - Zürich
Business management, administration and support
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)
Are you great with words? Are you passionate about digitization? Do you want to be part of our digitization process and give our clients a consistent and unmistakable experience? We’re looking for someone like that to support us in:
- reviewing and correcting texts for user interfaces and client documents in regards to consistency, user friendliness, clarity, correctness and style as well as adherence to standards and terminology,
- coordinating the translation process using CAT tools like SDL Passolo and SDL Trados Studio,
- translating and reviewing using translation memories but also making the most of online resources.
Our 6 month internship is the ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from colleagues with a lot of experience in delivering language services in the finance industry. From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the activity, taking part in the day-to-day tasks. You’ll not only learn about Software Localization and specialized legal and financial translation from top to bottom, you’ll also experience the unique workplace culture of UBS.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here.
You’ll be part of IT in Zurich where you’ll be working in a small but dynamic expert team in charge of software localization and client documents. Together with your future team you’ll be responsible for quality and consistency of all user interface texts and client documents in internally and externally used applications. You’ll be collaborating closely with people from the business side of the bank, business analysts, project coordinators and software developers. The languages mostly used are German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Chinese. We offer the possibility to work from home.
You need to have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree at a university of applied sciences, preferably in multilingual or technical communication (FTI or ZHAW) or in a related field or have obtained your master’s degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
- expert knowledge of French and German combined with “word-smithing” skills and the joy to shape texts (knowledge of other languages like English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Chinese would be a plus),
- ideally, experience with SDL Trados Studio or SDL Passolo,
- a flexible, open-minded, responsible, curious and cooperative personality,
- the ability to quickly grasp new fields of knowledge and to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines,
- a structured, autonomous, diligent and detail-oriented work style.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start date: Early 2020
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
|Internship 2020, Translator/Language Specialist (80% - 100%)||UBS Job Board for Graduates|