Consultant Data Scientist - Forensics in Zurich
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly lead our clients into the future.
Our professionals within Assurance practice in Zurich develop specifically tailored audits in order to build trust and to ensure clarity, transparency and continuity. Start your career today by joining us in the versatile world of the audit.
The rapidly growing Forensics team within the Fraud Investigation department is currently seeking suitable candidates for an excellent career opportunity in the Forensic Data Analytics (“FDA”) team. This team represents a critical component in EY’s Forensics growth strategy and is where most of the innovative early thinking in Fraud Investigation ecosystem takes place.
The FDA team is a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and dispute services for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, exploratory and descriptive analysis, social network analysis and predictive modeling.
You will have a unique, career changing opportunity to play a key role in the growth and strategy of the FDA group
What you can expect - enriching experiences that will last a lifetime
- Working on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of database management systems and financial platforms
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations
- Working in our specialized forensic technology labs and onsite, to help clients leverage knowledge from their data through the application of advanced analytics
- Supporting the development of new FDA tools and solutions, by understanding the state-of-the-art methods, customizing them to the FDA needs, and making them ready for production
What you can contribute - skills for shaping the future
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in all fields related to Computer Science
- Experience with SQL or similar database query languages
- Experience with Python, R, Ruby scripting or other programming languages is beneficial
- Solid knowledge of IT environments, networking, server architecture and IT security is advantageous
- Experience in collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of unstructured and structured data is advantageous
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as (un)supervised clustering, SVMs, or deep learning is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Strong problem solving, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills
- Consulting-oriented mindset, flexibility and “can-do” approach are a must
- Practical experience in a similar type of work is advantageous
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated advisory professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
Find out more here about the many benefits to which you are entitled as employee at EY.
Become part of our high-performing teams!
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref. No: ZUR001FY. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).