Internship - Software development in R&D
As proud winner of the renowned industrial competition «Factory of the Year 2018» in the category «Excellent Location Safeguarding by Digitalization», ABB Semiconductors develops and manufactures a wide variety of high-power semiconductors using future oriented technologies with high reliability. Our products are used in the segments of energy transmission and distribution, transportation, e-mobility, industry and renewable energies. The product portfolio comprises IGBTs, IGCTs, Thyristors, GTOs and Diodes in the power range of 150 up to 12000 A and 200 up to 8500 V at the highest levels of quality.
Within the scope of our fab digitalisation activities you contribute to the development of an automated mask design software for the design of innovative high power electronic chips.
- Understanding of the requirements and challenges of an automated factory
- to design, maintain and document code for automated and optimized semiconductor layout mask design
- Trustful and close collaboration with R&D engineers and Research scientists
- Full documentation of your software code and writing technical reports
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, information technology, electronics or telecommunications (B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree)
- Excellent knowledge of the python programming language and possibly of the numpy and scipy libraries for numerical analysis
- Solid knowledge of best practices of software architecture and software testing
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work independently but also in a team
- Internship period: 4 to 6 Months
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Power Grids Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 58 586 11 93