Internship: Wire Bonding Process improvement through Six Sigma Methodology 80-100% Urgent hiring
As proud winner of the renowned industrial competition «Factory of the Year 2018» in the category «Excellent Location Safeguarding by Digitalization», ABB Semiconductors develops and manufactures a wide variety of high-power semiconductors using future oriented technologies with high reliability. Our products are used in the segments of energy transmission and distribution, transportation, e-mobility, industry and renewable energies. The product portfolio comprises IGBTs, IGCTs, Thyristors, GTOs and Diodes in the power range of 150 up to 12000 A and 200 up to 8500 V at the highest levels of quality.
With the aim to increase the degree of automation in the factory, one of our wire bonding processes in the line has to be improved to reduce the amount of rework needed. This process optimization will be done within the frame of a Six Sigma project from the Process Engineering team.
- Understanding of the process, product and main inputs and outputs
- Study of the influence of previous processes, the tool and the difference between products on the processability
- Hypothesis generation and validation via data analysis
- Process optimization via Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Creation, validation and documentation of new programs with optimized parameters
- Documentation of the progress and results
- Student or Graduate in an engineering field: Minimum Bachelor’s in Mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical analysis software
- Autonomous and proactive
- Good communication skills and team worker
- Willingness to work in a clean room
- Working proficiency in English, spoken and written (min. B2); German is very beneficial
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Power Grids Switzerland Ltd.