PGTR Internship for R&D Manufacturing Process Design 80-100% Urgent hiring
As R&D intern, you will join our BU Technology Center in Zürich-Altstetten, an organization leading continuous research and development activities on dry-type HV bushings. As part of our global R&D community including Technology Centers and Corporate Research Centers worldwide, you will contribute to the improvement of production in various factories belonging to the Transformers Business Unit in the Power Grids division.
- Develop and improve models for processes simulation and optimization
- Contribute to validation of models
- Document your development and benchmarking results
- Student in the field of natural sciences, process engineering or similar
- Good understanding of applied physics and principles of numerical simulation
- Proficiency in use of simulation tools, e.g. COMSOL, and MS Office
- Creativity and capability to work independently
- Team-oriented with ability to communicate effectively with others
- Fluent English, written and spoken, German is an advantage
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Power Grids Switzerland Ltd.