Intern Financial Services Consulting Actuarial (December/January to April 2021) Neu
In a world that’s changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our ‘North Star’ guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services Sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent and high-quality services around the globe.
Our Consulting business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
What you can expect - enriching experiences that will last a lifetime
- Globally, our Actuarial Consulting teams count over 650 professionals, ranking us in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world. In Europe we have over 400 actuarial professionals across 17 countries
- This is a unique opportunity to explore a wide range of solutions to our clients’ issues. Allowing you to develop a wide breadth of skills and competencies, with many of these being focused around the key actuarial processes and techniques
- You will work on client assignments from day one with a supportive and highly experienced team. By working for multiple clients, you will quickly gather experience in multiple actuarial topics allowing you to get a holistic view of the actuarial profession
- You will gather experience in life, non-life and health insurance as well as reinsurance. You will support our team in activities such as audit, reserving, and Solvency calculations (SST)
- You will have the chance to meet and work with people from multiple companies and countries; allowing you to start to build your own brand in the market
- Possibility to extend your learning experience by joining our team on a permanent basis at the end of your internship
What you can contribute - skills for shaping the future
- You have fresh ideas, an innovative mind and have a strong desire to structure and solve problems
- You are looking for an internship before or right-after finalizing your studies
- You have a strong academic record, ideally with a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or related
- You are fluent in English and German/French
- Knowledge in machine learning and programming (R, Python) and data visualisation (Power BI) are considered a plus
- You are a team player with a flexible working style who enjoys working with diverse teams
- You are prepared to challenge us, to act on your own initiative and to make an impact on our teams and clients from day one
Stick to your plans and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
Your ambition is as bold as ours. As part of our high-performing teams, you’ll build the tech skillsets and growth mindsets to become the leader you want to be. The leader the world needs. Harness our scale, our tech, our teams and our culture to realize your potential. Learn from the best, surround yourself with the curious, ask better questions to seek better answers. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Make the next step and apply for this position online. Ref. No: ZUR001HT. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.