Junior Biotic Data Analyst – temporary assignment (100%), min. 1 year | Stein
For an international company in the global agribusiness market in Stein (AG) we are looking for a
Junior Biotic Data Analyst - temporary assignment (100%), min. 1 year
Purpose of the role
You will be part of the Environmental Analytics team located in Stein, Aargau. This multidisciplinary team designs robust and innovative mathematical algorithms to transform raw environmental data into actionable insights on the crop growing conditions. As a Junior Biotic Analytics Scientist, you will help develop and apply mathematical models to predict the risk of biotic stresses occurrence, their effects on crop health & performance.
- Mind Literature to identify relevant modelling approaches for building biotic pressure indexes for the main field crops
- Gather data (literature, database) to build dataset for model training and evaluation
- Develop prototype of models
- Analyse model outputs with meta-analysis approaches (e.g., sensitivity analysis, error mapping, and parameter identification)
Your skills & experiences
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in developing and applying models, preferably with a focus on biological problems
- Expertise in plant pathology and/or crop physiology preferred
- Experience in coding with Matlab or R required
- Experience in data mining and statistics required
- Experience in results communication required
- Experience working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficient in English
Herr Fabio Antonelli, Deputy Branch Manager, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 61 323 0745
You can apply directly online.
Please mention reference 138-FAAN-101848-82-EN in your application.